Monday, December 26, 2005

My New Baby

Date: March 2005

After going through countless arguments and negotiations with my bro for the lil’ Seca that we shared, I decided that I had had enough. I remember at one stage, I had to book the car like 4 weeks in advance, cos I knew that I would need it during production week. It was a constant tug-of-war, as to who would have the rights to the car. And I also got tired of having to pay for petrol, only to find that my bro leaves me less than half a tank to use when I get it back.

I went out on a limb, and decided to make my first major purchase in life. All this while, my aim was to own a house by the age of 23, but I guess that goal went down the drain. After 5 long years of saving – part-time work every week, full-time vac work every summer – I finally “invested” in my new baby….a HONDA PRELUDE.
Ever since I saw this beautiful, slick piece of work when Holly Valance drove past me in it (I’m talking about the car, not Holly..haha), I knew it was something special. At nearly every car yard that I saw, a Prelude would be selling for approx $26,000, which was way out of my budget for a 2nd-hand car. But then, as I was leaving this particular yard, there was a burgundy baby that called out to me. When I saw the price, I could not believe my eyes…under $20,000!!! And the rest is history. And you would not believe the car yard I found it in…surprisingly enough, it was called “Melbourne’s Cheapest Cars”.


My Prelude

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home