Friday, December 30, 2005

My Birthday Surprise

Date: 6th / 7th September 2005

It was a regular Tuesday night with dance practice until about 9pm. I said my goodbyes to the dancers and trammed to the train station to head home. Everything was routine…come home, eat dinner, check email, start work. I was frantically trying to finish work that I needed to complete before a meeting the next day. So much so, that when my mum called me to go into the lounge room, I shouted out to her that I was busy. Then she actually came into my room to drag me to “see something on TV”. As I walked to the lounge room, I saw lit candles on a cake. My immediate reaction was to tell her off, cos I told her not to bother with a cake for my birthday :p But she insisted that I walk into the lounge room.

Then…in a pre-mediated fashion…SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People jumping from behind tables, couches, chairs and under pillows. Hilariously, the biggest guy present decided to hide behind a jacket and a puny little lamp.

I was FOOLED! The dancers had traveled all the way from the city (and even the other side of town) to my house, which is not close, just to surprise me as it clicked over to midnight. It was the best surprise I have ever had, and one that I did not expect at all. A couple of them had tests at 8am the next morning, and everyone was busy with assignments. I cannot thank enough, the people that were involved in that ambush. I was left truly speechless.

Looking back on it, I reflect on a few things that did seem weird, but never occurred to me that something like this would happen. Firstly, the entrance to our house was completely clean (maybe dad went on a cleaning streak and just removed it all). Secondly, there was party food in the fridge when I raided it for dinner that night. I knew they must be for something, so I even asked mum if I could eat one of them, not knowing that they were for MY party..haha Thanks so much again to all to guys!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home