Saturday, August 12, 2006

May-July...the missing pieces

It's been a long time since I last blogged, and some are expecting something big. Sorry to disappoint...

To summarise the last 3 months in a nutshell:
May: spent the entire month travelling to Newcastle, Townsville and Darwin, while also flying home every weekend to see my loved ones. This might sound glamorous to some, but when you're staying in cheap 3-star MOTELS (with ants as roommates), waking up at the crack of dawn (someone in particular refers to a 6am wakeup as 'against the law'), and working ridiculous hours into the night, you might re-consider why you signed up for this in the first place. The only highlight from this month-long period of 'torture', was our ride in a tank....What an experience!!!

June: spent my hard-earned money to watch a "world-renowned" group of dancers at BREAK!. What a disappointment. Imagine how much food we could have eaten with that 40 bucks? I've seen better breakers at local dance competitions and parties. June remains a blur to me, as it went by so quickly. Being back in Melbourne, I was able to return into the routine of what my life was before I went away for a month: dancing and eating :p

July: a colleague of mine recently reminded me of a road trip that we were hoping to plan for all the new starters this year. However, during July this is where I've been for work: Dandenong, Altona, Derrimut, Broadmeadows, Mt Waverley, Ballarat, and Traralgon Gippsland. For those that don't know where these places are...this has pretty much taken me North, South, East and West of the city. Hence, my own little road trip around Victoria. One of the most memorable events of this month, was my work's Annual Ball at the Palladium in Crown. The decoration, theme, and surprisingly food, was first class...photos coming soon.

I'm sure I've forgotten many events that have occurred during those months, but that pretty much sums up the things that have consumed most of my time.

More posts to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home