Saturday, March 25, 2006

A memorable gig!!

3ZZZ fm presents Voices of Diversity…a celebration of 30 years of ethnic broadcasting. As part of the celebration, I was there to perform a “cultural” hip hop dance. This was the most rushed gig I have ever done. With only 2 weeks notice and 4 rehearsals later, a routine was born.

There were a couple of “highlights” from this performance. Firstly, was Jimmy’s innocent walk into the ladies restroom, where he claims he thought no one was in it. And secondly, my stupid wardrobe malfunction. Now I know had Janet felt at the Superbowl. No, my Mohawk wig did not fall off, which I would have preferred, but worse…my zip decided to miraculously fall down towards the end of the performance. Recapping the moment on video, it was damn obvious the instant the zip fell down, exposing my bright-coloured underwear to the general public. By the time I noticed, it was too late, and the performance had already ended. We were all bemused as to why there was so much laughter at the end…but now we all know!! At least my embarrassment was for the entertainment of others..hehe

Thanks to all who came to support me.. Am, Jel, Derrick, Ginnie, Cindy, Ness, Ian and J to the WIN!

3ZZZ Performance

1 Comments:

  • Woo! Go the culturalism!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home