Sunday, February 11, 2007

Malaysia Part 2 - KL

With no more wedding duties and most of my shopping done in Penang, KL was the place to party…

Steamboat
The first weekend in KL was another huge family reunion, and we did what we always do best..and that’s EAT! Enduring the heat of the kitchen and with the fans blowing full blast, we celebrated with a steamboat dinner.

Family Steamboat

Clubbing
Just like the good ol’ days, except this time we had 2 special guests, Su Lynn and Eileen. Dancing with you again was a privilege and something that I will cherish for a long, long time. Who knows when the next time will be, when we can rock da floor together again?

In the Club

In his usual fashion, Derrick engaged in a battle against the locals. Similar to the encounter between David and Goliath, they needed three of them to even provide him with a challenge. And most of the time, they would be biting moves from U Got Served. How original?

Karaoke
On my last day in KL, it was a Flare reunion like no other. It’s been such a long time since the “oldies” outnumbered the “newbies”. But on this occasion, there were 3 “Footnotes” dancers, compared to the 2 from “Rhythmicity”. It was great not being the oldest for once *someone glaring at me*. A big thank you to Jinnee, Grace, Derrick and Joon, who were willing to travel all the way to Subang to see me one last time. I had to have a karaoke session, which only cost RM10 for 3hrs of fun and a buffet lunch. We sure did make a few people deaf , but hell, we had a lot of fun doing it…from Bon Jovi classics to the Pussy Cat Dolls, and our “sexy” rendition of the lyrics and dance moves. Having these guys around really made me realise how much I miss them, and how much fun we used to have together. Let’s hope that we can share this moment again in the future.

KBox Time

After 2.5 weeks of celebrating, eating, shopping and partying, I was totally exhausted. It felt as if I needed a holiday to recover from my holiday. Before I go, I must thank all my family members who welcomed us once again, the 3 lovely dancers, and a special mention to Derrick and Jojo, who were my chauffeurs and accomodaters (if that’s a word). This has been the most rewarding holiday I’ve had in a long time. I even got to try Klang Bah Kut Teh….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home