Sunday, February 11, 2007

Two Worlds Apart

During my brief 2-week stay in the place I call "home", I contemplated, more than ever, the possibility of me being able to live there, and the chance that I might actually move back some time in the future. Would I survive the long working hours? The constant heat? The language barrier, although my hokkien improved? The not-so-developed infrastructure?

But what was it that I was attracted to?

I think the most important factor would have to be the people back there. This trip has made me realise how special you are to me. I could not have been treated any better. Could it be the oily, but mouth-watering food? (At $1.50 per plate, you eat till you go silly). Or maybe the fact that I feel more comfortable there; a place where where I belong, and not get looked down upon cos of the colour of my hair or my skin.

A thought that has never crossed my mind until now: should I stay or should I go? As I suffer from the effects of withdrawal, I remain torn between two totally different worlds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home