Sunday, February 11, 2007

Malaysia Trip Part 1 - Penang

Wedding
The purpose of this trip was for my cousin's wedding, where I had to fulfill best-man duties. As soon as we hit Penang, it started. I was briefed on the events for the following three days of celebration - the tea ceremony, the negotiations required to see the bride, the wedding speech, and the scheduling of the performances. In addition to that, I had to coordinate the arrival of the dancers from Flare Dance, who are now internationally renowned :p Thanks to ness, XY and jojo, who travelled from as far as Singapore to make it to this event. You guys were the bomb and definitely did not disappoint. After not dancing together for 3 months, we only needed one rehearsal the night before the gig to put it together.

Wedding

However, the celebrations were hampered by a planned theft that occurred when the power was deliberately shut off. We were sitting right next to the table it happened at, and didn't even notice.

Reality TV
If you thought Flare only had one TV star amongst its ranks, you're wrong! In the 5 days I was in Penang, I managed to get myself on Malaysian TV too :P I performed a dance "demonstration" (wearing Flare tshirt of course..so international exposure for the group) for a new reality TV show that will be aired on channel TV3 from 24 Feb 2007 (7pm every Saturday). A relative of mine is starting her own dance school in Penang as part of the Nescafe Big Break competition, and so I joined in on the fun (which was recorded for TV!!!). Please give her all your support and wish her the best of luck for her new dance school, Lets Dance!.

Let's Dance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home