Monday, January 02, 2006

Flare Dance presents Limelight 2005

Date: October 2005

I had told myself that last year’s production, Rhythmicity, was going to be my last, as I needed to concentrate on training for karate this year. However, I am so glad that I decided against that idea. Life without dance would have been unbearable, as most of you can see when I’m trying to sit still. It just doesn’t happen…

The Flare experience just keeps on getting better every year, this being my third. This can be attributed to the ever-lasting friendships that I’ve developed throughout the production preparation process. For eight months, 2 or 3 nights per week, we are dedicating our time to a common goal.

The icing on the cake was the reception we received for the production. A few days before opening night, we had declared it a FULL HOUSE for 2 out of our 3 performances. This was something a performer always dreams about and for us, it had come true.

What a way to finish!! With the reality that I will be completing uni this year, I know that this will be probably be my last production for Flare. It is the one thing that I will miss about uni. Once I start work, everything is unknown. I will not know when I can leave the office, as this depends on the workload and deadlines, and I will not know if I’ll even be in Melbourne during production week. So although it is with sad realization that I may never experience being in a production again, I get to take away with me 3 year’s worth of unforgettable memories (and stress).

For more photos, click here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home