Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Industrial Project

Date: July – November 2005

As part of my degree, all students need to undertake a semester of Industrial Project. What happens here is that for one semester, a group of 6 of us, are assigned a real-life client, in which we have to develop an IT-related solution to their business problem.

The Unbeatable Team

Our client was CCREID, a clinical research centre that specialized in infectious diseases, and our mission, team eMinence, was to create an organizational website and logo for them. Although the actual task was not difficult, the majority of our time was spent analyzing and documenting the progress of the project. Just to give a rundown on the workload that was required: 3 weekly meetings (client, team and mentor), weekly updates of team website, documentation of all meetings, development of various project documentation (charter, project plan, testing reports) and website design. All this equated to at least 15 hours of work each week.

Luckily for me, I had an awesome group of people that I worked with. Each of us had our unique strengths, and I think I couldn’t have asked for a more cohesive group. There will always be bickering in a group situation, but I think it was mitigated quite well. This was reflected in our final mark, the client’s final website (which gets an average of 300 hits/week) and logo, and most important of all, client satisfaction. Team eMinence…what more can I say? :p

eMinence with CCREID

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home