Monday, January 02, 2006

My Poor Students...

Date: August – November 2005

At the start of the year, I wanted to give myself new challenges, as I felt the need to be pushed. One of these was to become a tutor at uni. The opportunity arose when I received an email asking for interest in tutoring Information Systems subjects. I had performed relatively well in this particular subject, and it was one that I really enjoyed and thought was practical. After a brief interview, I had been appointed a lab instructor for this subject (there aren’t tutorials, only labs).

My decision to pursue this has given me one of the most rewarding experiences at uni. Working with the head lecturers, it gave me their perspective on how subjects should be taught, and I was also able to contribute by discussing how currents behave/think. More than that, it gave me satisfaction to think that I was helping these kids get through their uni life. My duties included supervising lab classes, attending weekly meetings, and marking assignments and exams. I fully recommend anyone thinking of tutoring to go ahead with it. Other than the good pay, I believe that it is justly gratifying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home