Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Final Univeristy Exams

Date: 3rd & 4th November 2005

It’s been 5 long years and 36 exams later, I have finally completed my undergraduate tertiary education. What a relief, but at the same time, there is a feeling of disorientation. As the focus shifts from study to work, there are so many uncertainties (even though I have a job lined up), and I’m just a little ant in the open world.

Anyway, back to my final exams. I needed to push forward my exams to the week during swotvac, as I was heading off to Holland the following week. This was not the ideal fashion I intended to complete my final exams. Because of this, I needed to start my cramming sessions 2 weeks before everyone else, while also completing my Industrial Project, marking assignments and training for karate. To make it worse, apart from the intensity of my cramming, I needed to complete my exams in a tiny little consultation room in the Commerce building all by myself. I know I might sound geeky, but the whole exam experience should encompass the pre-exam stress period when you’re doing final revision with friends outside the REB, and also the post-exam discussion about how hard it was…etc. Instead, my final exam was one that I could not fully complete, nor did I fully understand how to answer the questions. It would have been one of the worst exams that I have completed in my 5 years. What a way to finish!! Anyway, it’s all over now, and there’s no point reflecting on “should have”, “would have” and “could have”. In the end, I managed to get an OK mark for that subject and I have now officially graduated (minus convocation).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home